SimplyScripts.Com Logo

Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Status of Things by Jay Williams – Filmed - posted by Don

Jay “jwent6688” short script The Status of Things (5 pages – pdf format) has been filmed by USC film student Alison Daniel.

A third date goes bad

You can talk about the script on the Discussion Board and talk about the film here.

April 21st, 2011 at 6:18 pm

Congrats Jay!

Enjoy Shauna!

Screenwriter Abdullah H. Erakat
April 24th, 2011 at 5:33 am

It takes a lot of hard work, determination, and patience to go from the page to the ‘stage.’
So absolutely: congratulations!
This story put a smile on my face and I couldn’t help thinking, “it’s all true.”
But personally, the script worked for me more than the film itself. The direction by Ms. Daniel was as it should be; no fancy photography as to focus on the story. But distracting was the actors. Don’t get me wrong, they were perfectly cast. But they were too busy acting when they should have just read the lines as they would really say it.
Again, though, kudos for this accomplishment.

April 24th, 2011 at 11:31 am

the script is awesome, but the film doesn’t deliver the idea behind the story… it all depends on the location – why didn’t you take the restaurant or even a pub or sth like this

April 24th, 2011 at 1:03 pm

What was this filmed with? What camera?

Jay Williams
April 24th, 2011 at 2:33 pm

I’m not sure what Alison used as far as camera. A lot have people have commented that it looks strange during closeups. I agree. Thanks for watching. everyone.

Jay (people her know me as James)

April 24th, 2011 at 6:09 pm

April 26th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

That was awesome. Congrats

pranay nichani
December 5th, 2011 at 5:23 am

hey James…I emailed you a few months ago….never heard back from you….anyways i made your script….its actually just been sitting in my laptop for a while…however today while i was finally thinking about uploading it to youtube i found that somebody had already uploaded another version of it (picnic, usc student). I just found 2 other versions of it. Here is the upload link, Ill take it down if you have a problem with it. I’ve tried emailing you a couple of times without response so i though i’d leave a comment here. anyways you may contact me on pranaynichani(a)

Read the October One Week Challenge scripts!

November 26, 2015

Rusty by Jamual Edwards

A hitmen team is assigned to take out a target, but they get ambushed by a bunch of bloody zombies instead. 6 pages

*Randomizer code provided by Cornetto.