SimplyScripts.Com Logo

Friday, October 29, 2010

Buried screenplay by Chris Sparling - posted by Don

I got an awesome email from Chris Sparling, screenwriter of Buried.

With the film I wrote, BURIED, now out in theaters, I felt the time was right to finally release the production draft of the script (the previous draft that appeared online — after being leaked by someone — was an early draft).

This time around, I figured I’d preempt the leak by releasing the script myself 🙂

Congrats on running such a great, informative site for writers.

–Chris Sparling

Buried – July 25, 2009 production draft script by Chris Sparling – hosted by: SimplyScripts – in pdf format

Paul is a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it’s a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.

Information courtesy of imdb.com

Mr.Z
October 29th, 2010 at 7:03 pm

That’s so cool of him. Thank you, Chris!

(and Don of course)

bert
October 30th, 2010 at 1:09 pm

Indeed, very cool. Top work, Chris. Keep them coming, eh?

rendevous
November 1st, 2010 at 9:26 am

Always knew it’d get made.

Good work, fella.

Keep at it. I’ll catch it at the weekend on a screen near me.

R ox

Aaron Anderson
December 6th, 2010 at 1:39 am

Could you share Chris’ email? Id like to share with him an idea for a treatment on 12 strangers as well as a catalyst for an opening dialogue for the third installment of Night Chronicles….

thx

SimplyScripts - Movie Scripts and Screenplays » 2010 Black List
January 3rd, 2011 at 7:16 pm

[…] appearing is Chris Sparling’s ATM. Chris wrote Buried which came out last […]

SimplyScripts - Movie Scripts and Screenplays » The Atticus Institute – trailer
January 7th, 2015 at 6:44 pm

[…] Sparling, writer of Buried, has written and directed a new horror film, The Atticus […]

Custom Search SimplyScripts

The 10th Annual October One Week Challenge

Award Season Screenplays - New!

assertive woman, curvy with black halter top. Sad husband. Definitely made a mistake. Sad