Friday, April 20, 2007

M Night Shyamalan’s The Happening - posted by Don

Breaking news from N who writes, Hey… I was on IMDB and just noticed that M Night Shyamalan’s new movie The Happening for 2008 is listed. I was psyched being a big fan and this was the first I heard of it. Anyways I went to the [IMDB] message board to see what the film was about and to my surprise someone in there has been emailing the script and one post I found had a link to download the script from megaupload. …I thought I’d point out the link to you so people can download the script if they want to check it out while its on megaupload. I believe it’s a 6th draft and MNS has already done extensive rewrites, but I heard the same thing about The Village and the movie ended up almost exactly the same as the leaked script for that film. Anyways, keep up the great work… don’t know what I’d do without your site!

Thanks N!

Don

ss
April 23rd, 2007 at 11:57 am

is it me, or does this script kinda suck? Is this real or a fake?

theproducer
April 23rd, 2007 at 1:28 pm

It’s real. And its sucks. It’s the first draft that all of Hollywood passed on. He has since rewritten and set it up at Warner Bros.

Sylar
April 24th, 2007 at 12:19 pm

I can’t seem to find it. Where, or who can i talk to to get it?

Daniel
May 2nd, 2007 at 8:40 pm

I’m sorry guys, but come on. This is the 1st draft! NO WRITER IS ABOVE NOTES! It’s hard to step back and see the pimples and veiny thighs of something you hold so dear. Put so much work into.

Sure, Shyamalan may have been a prick for his whole, “My draft is a final draft” mindset. But LADY taught him that lesson. His rejection of this 1st draft, taught it too him again.

That being said. With notes… this movie is GREAT! Mind you, WITH NOTES. But, there are perfect Shyamalan moments of emotion and action, of concepts, and of character (needs some work to match his old ones).

The Happening Screenplay
February 20th, 2008 at 3:50 am

The screenpay is still out there:

anonymous
March 29th, 2008 at 2:11 pm

I like the whole idea of nature taking matters into its own hands lets see how this works out on the big screen, I’ve watched every Shyamalan film and I love his unique ‘take’ on different genres . And please don’t tell me that Hollywood isn’t drawn by originality isnt that why there have been so many remakes of so many Japanese movies lately?

BB
May 28th, 2008 at 3:37 pm

Can someone please send me the script?

The links aren’t working.
I have several scripts of movies yet to be released if anyone wants to swap.

Thanks
brazilianbuckwheat at yahoo dot com

manbros
November 6th, 2008 at 8:35 am

Zedge clone script need, anyone pls help.